- Push-out Score determined
- After less than three years in the position
- Thanks and good wishes for Almeida
- Tom Warsop taking over temporarily
- Search for a successor
(exechange) — Miami, Florida, November 8, 2022 — Odilon Almeida, chief executive of ACI, leaves his position. As announced by ACI Worldwide Inc. in a news release and in a regulatory filing published on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, Odilon Almeida leaves his post as chief executive officer at the specialist in real-time payments software, after less than three years in the role, effective immediately.
ACI will undertake a search for a successor.
Odilon Almeida’s duties as CEO will be taken over temporarily by Thomas (Tom) Warsop, most recently non-executive Chairman at ACI Worldwide Inc., as Interim Chief Executive Officer.
“Accelerating our technology transformation”
ACI did not give an explicit reason for Odilon Almeida’s departure from the CEO post. Mary Harman, Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee Chair, said: “As ACI advances its vision to lead the real-time payments revolution, the Board determined that now is the right time to transition to a new leader focused on accelerating our technology transformation and delivering operational excellence across our business. The Board is confident that the Company is well-positioned to build on the momentum underway as we work to provide the next generation of real-time payments solutions for our clients.”
Precise information regarding Odilon Almeida’s future plans was not immediately available.
ACI said: “Thomas Warsop, formerly the non-executive Chair of the ACI Board of Directors, has been appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. He succeeds Odilon Almeida, who is departing from his role as CEO of ACI.”
ACI further said: “On November 8, 2022, ACI Worldwide, Inc. (the “Company”) announced that Odilon Almeida’s employment terminated as President & CEO of the Company.”
Share price decline since March 2020
The announcement follows a decline in ACI Worldwide Inc.’s share price of 28% since March 2020. March 2020 is the month in which Almeida’s tenure as CEO began.
In the position of CEO since 2020
Odilon Almeida became CEO of the Company in 2020.
To help provide for an orderly transition, the Board intends to enter into a transition services agreement with Almeida through November 30, 2022.
Odilon Almeida’s bio reads as follows:
- President and Chief Executive Officer of ACI since March 2020
- Served as an Operating Partner at Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity funds, from 2019 to 2020
- Served as President of Western Union Global Money Transfer from 2017 to 2019, where he managed $5 Billion of business in more than 200 countries and territories. He stabilized and accelerated the global business growth, while driving transformational growth in the digital business, establishing Western Union as the global digital leader in P2P cross border money transfer.
- Served in various leadership capacities for Western Union from 2002 to 2016, including President Americas and Europe, President Americas and Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Latin America and Caribbean
- Serves on the Board of Millicom International Cellular S.A. (NASDAQ: TIGO) and chairs the Board’s Compliance and Business Conduct Committee
- Previously served in management roles of increasing responsibility at BankBoston (now Bank of America), The Coca-Cola Company and Colgate-Palmolive, working in United States, Canada, Brazil and Mexico.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding Odilon Almeida’s move on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to ACI and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 46.2022 ($).