- Push-out Score determined
- After almost 10 years in the position
- Accolades, praise and thanks for Denault
- Drew Marsh taking over
- Denault spoke at length and said 171 words
(exechange) — New Orleans, Louisiana, August 17, 2022 — Leo Denault, chief executive of Entergy, leaves his position. As announced by Entergy Corp. in a news release on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, Leo P. Denault leaves his post as chief executive officer at the energy company, after almost 10 years in the role, effective November 1, 2022.
Denault leaves the company effective in 2023.
Leo Denault’s duties as CEO will be taken over by Andrew (Drew) Marsh, currently executive vice president and chief financial officer at Entergy Corp.
“An orderly and planned leadership succession process”
Leo Denault’s departure from the CEO post is explained as follows. Entergy said: “As part of an orderly and planned leadership succession process, the Entergy board of directors elected Andrew “Drew” Marsh, executive vice president and chief financial officer, to succeed Denault as CEO, effective Nov. 1. Denault will continue to lead the board as executive chairman until his retirement. He will work closely with Marsh and the senior leadership team to support a smooth and organized transition that builds on the company’s momentum in areas of customer solutions, renewable energy generation, infrastructure resilience and operational excellence.”
Precise information regarding Leo Denault’s future plans was not immediately available.
Entergy said: “Leo P. Denault, chairman and chief executive officer, will retire in 2023 following 23 years of service to the company and a 40-year career in the energy industry.”
Share price increase since February 2013
The announcement follows an increase in Entergy Corp.’s share price of 88% since February 2013. February 2013 is the month in which Denault’s tenure as CEO began.
In the position of CEO since 2013
Leo Denault became CEO of the Company in 2013.
His bio reads as follows:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Entergy Corporation since February 2013
- Chief Executive Officer, Entergy Corporation since February 2013
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Entergy Corporation – 2004-2013
- Director, Edison Electric Institute, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, Atlanta Center Regional Governing Board of the World Association of Nuclear Operators and Jobs for America’s Graduates.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding Leo Denault’s move on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Entergy and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 34.2022 ($).