- Push-out Score determined
- After about six years in the position
- Praise, thanks and good wishes for Macdonald
- Michelle Keefe taking over
- Macdonald said 97 words
(exechange) — Morrisville, North Carolina, April 29, 2022 — Alistair Macdonald, chief executive of Syneos, leaves. As announced by Syneos Health Inc. in a news release on Friday, April 29, 2022, Alistair Macdonald leaves his post as chief executive officer at the contract research organization, after about six years in the role.
The exact date of Alistair Macdonald’s departure from his post was not explicitly stated in the announcement.
Alistair Macdonald’s duties as CEO will be taken over by Michelle Keefe, currently President, Medical Affairs and Commercial Solutions at Syneos Health Inc.
Syneos Health, Inc. still listed Macdonald as Chief Executive Officer on its leadership page on its website shortly after the announcement was published.
Alistair Macdonald’s move coincides with a management shake-up also involving the position of Chief Operating Officer.
“Usher in Syneos Health’s next era as a data- and insights-driven organization”
Syneos did not give an explicit reason for Alistair Macdonald’s departure from the CEO post. John Dineen, Chair of the Syneos Health Board of Directors, said: “Michelle’s focus on customer outcomes is at the center of all that she does, making her the ideal leader to drive the Syneos Health integrated value proposition forward. Her expertise will usher in Syneos Health’s next era as a data- and insights-driven organization, addressing market opportunities with a product development mindset.”
Precise information regarding Alistair Macdonald’s future plans was not immediately available.
Syneos said: “Keefe, currently President, Medical Affairs and Commercial Solutions, succeeds Alistair Macdonald, who will retire after 20 years at Syneos Health.”
Share price increase since April 2017
The announcement follows an increase in Syneos Health Inc.’s share price of 54% since April 2017.
In the position of CEO since 2016
Alistair Macdonald became CEO of the Company in 2016.
Macdonald will remain an advisor to Syneos Health through March 2023.
His bio reads as follows:
- 20+ years experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Prior to Syneos Health, Alistair Macdonald served as CEO of INC Research since 2016, leading global operations, driving the company’s global expansion, overall project delivery and implementation of new technologies, processes and solutions
- Joined INC Research in 2002 and served in multiple roles including INC’s Head of Global Business Development and Marketing, Head of Alliances Development and Delivery teams, head of Global Oncology, and President of Clinical Development Services
- Has held management positions in the pharmaceutical industry across manufacturing, consultancy, business and corporate development, data management, and clinical operations
- Master of Science in Environmental Diagnostics, Cranfield University; Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Applied Geology, Plymouth Polytechnic; Diploma Qualification, UK Institute of Directors.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding Alistair Macdonald’s move on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Syneos and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 18.2022 ($).