- Push-out Score determined
- After less than two and a half years in the position
- Praise, thanks and good wishes for De Loecker
- Vincent Warnery taking over
- De Loecker said 73 words
(exechange) — Hamburg, Germany, April 27, 2021 — Stefan De Loecker, chief executive of Beiersdorf, leaves — as “mutually agreed.” As announced by Beiersdorf AG in a news release on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, Stefan De Loecker leaves his post as chief executive officer at the Nivea maker after less than two and a half years in the role, effective May 1, 2021.
Stefan De Loecker’s duties as CEO will be taken over by Vincent Warnery, currently member of the Executive Board at Beiersdorf AG.
“He brings the right momentum”
Beiersdorf did not give an explicit reason for Stefan De Loecker’s departure from the CEO post, leaving room for speculation. Reinhard Pöllath, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Beiersdorf AG, said, regarding Vincent Warnery: “With his deep skin care experience and successful track record, he brings the right momentum to our joint efforts for Beiersdorf’s future.”
Precise information regarding Stefan De Loecker’s future plans was not immediately available.
Beiersdorf said: “The Supervisory Board of Beiersdorf AG and the Chief Executive Officer Stefan De Loecker (53), today mutually agreed on the termination of his Executive Board mandate effective June 30, 2021.”
Share price decline since January 2019
The announcement follows a decline in Beiersdorf AG’s share price of 1% since January 2019. January 2019 is the month in which De Loecker’s tenure as CEO began.
Chaired by Reinhard Pöllath
Reinhard Pöllath serves as Beiersdorf AG’s Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
In the position of CEO since 2019
Stefan De Loecker became CEO of the Company in 2019.
His bio reads as follows:
- Born 1967 in Siegen, Germany
- Studies of Applied Economic Sciences with specialization in Finance & Accounting in Antwerp (Belgium)
- 1990 – 1991 Commercial Trainee, Nestlé Belgilux n.v.
- 1991 – 1996 Product Manager Culinary Products, Nestlé Belgilux n.v.
- 1996 – 1998 Marketing Manager Chilled Dairy Products, Nestlé Belgilux n.v.
- 1998 – 1999 Key Account Manager Chilled Dairy Products, Nestlé Belgilux n.v.
- 1999 – 2001 Marketing Manager Strategic Business Unit Dairy, Nestlé S.A., Switzerland
- 2001 – 2003 Managing Director Milchfrischprodukte GmbH, Nestlé Deutschland AG
- 2003 – 2006 Managing Director, Nestlé Schöller GmbH & Co KG
- 2007 – 2008 Managing Director, Maggi GmbH
- 2007 – 2008 Member of the Executive Board, Nestlé Germany AG
- 2008 – 2011 Chief Executive Officer, Nestlé Rossiya LLC, Russia
- 2011 Chief Operating Officer, Tesco plc, UK
- 2011 – 2012 Chief Executive Officer, Tesco Slovakia, Slovak Republic
- 2012 – 2014 Corporate Senior Vice President Near East Region, Beiersdorf AG
- 2014 – 2018 Executive Board Member, Beiersdorf AG
- Since 2019 Chief Executive Officer, Beiersdorf AG.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding Stefan De Loecker’s move on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Beiersdorf and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 18.2021 ($).