- Push-out Score determined
- After less than four years in the position
- Thomas Hasler taking over
- Schuler said 116 words
(exechange) — Baar, Switzerland, February 19, 2021 — Paul Schuler, chief executive of Sika, leaves. As announced by Sika AG in a news release on Friday, February 19, 2021, Paul Schuler leaves his post as chief executive officer at the Swiss construction materials after less than four years in the role, effective May 1, 2021.
Paul Schuler’s duties as CEO will be taken over by Thomas Hasler, currently Head of Global Business and Industry of Sika AG.
No reason given
In the announcement, Sika did not explicitly explain the reason for Paul Schuler’s move.
Precise information regarding Paul Schuler’s future plans was not immediately available.
Sika said: “On May 1, 2021, Thomas Hasler, currently Head of Global Business and Industry, will succeed Paul Schuler as CEO.”
Share price increase since July 2017
The announcement follows an increase in Sika AG’s share price of 140% since July 2017. July 2017 is the month in which Schuler’s tenure as CEO began.
Chaired by Paul Johann Hälg
Paul Johann Hälg serves as Sika AG’s Chair of the Board of Directors.
In the position of CEO since 2017
Paul Schuler became CEO of the Company in 2017.
Paul Schuler will be proposed for election to the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting of April 20.
Frits van Dijk, who has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2012, will not be standing for re-election.
Esther Berrozpe Galindo, who had been recommended for appointment to the Board of Directors, has withdrawn her candidacy as she wishes to focus on a new CEO mandate.
“Sika regrets her decision but would like to wish her all the best in her future career,” the company stated.
Schuler’s bio reads as follows:
- Year of birth: 1955
- Nationality: Swiss
- With Sika for 33 years in Switzerland, Germany, and the USA
- 2008 – 2019: IMD Lausanne, Switzerland and London Business School, UK, Executive Training
- 1993 Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Washington/Zurich, MBA
- 2017 – now: Chief Executive Officer
- 2013 – 2017: Regional Manager EMEA and Member of Group Management
- 2007 – 2012: Regional Manager North America, General Manager Sika USA and Member of Group Management
- 2003 – 2006: General Manager Sika Germany
- 1988 – 2002: Product Manager / Head of Sales Industry, Marketing Manager Industry, Business Unit Leader Industry
- 1982 – 1988: International Key Account Sales Manager Switzerland, EMS Chemie AG, Switzerland
- 1980 – 1982: Project Manager Air Condition Plants, Luwa AG, Hong Kong, China
- 1976 – 1980: Production Manager, Hemair AG, Switzerland
- 2017 – now: Member of the Board, Swisspearl Group AG, Switzerland
- 2019 – now: Member of Advisory Council Peri GmbH, Germany.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding Paul Schuler’s move on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Sika and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 8.2021 ($).