- Push-out Score determined
- After almost nine years in the position
- Praise, thanks and words of regret for Poulsen
- Search for a successor
- Poulsen made a lengthy statement and said 265 words
(exechange) — Fredericia, Denmark, June 15, 2020 — Henrik Poulsen, chief executive of Ørsted, leaves. As announced by Ørsted AS in a news release on Monday, June 15, 2020, Henrik Poulsen leaves his post as chief executive officer at the Danish multinational power company after almost nine years in the role, effective January 31, 2021 at the latest.
Ørsted will undertake a search for a successor.
“Time to pursue other challenges”
Henrik Poulsen’s departure from the CEO post is explained as follows. Henrik Poulsen said: “We’re now at a point where the transformation is completed, and we’ve built a strong platform for global growth. I’ve concluded that it’s the right time for me to step down and free up time to pursue other challenges.”
Precise information regarding Henrik Poulsen’s future plans was not immediately available.
Ørsted said: “After eight years in the role, Henrik Poulsen has today resigned his position as CEO of Ørsted. He will continue as CEO of Ørsted until 31 January 2021 at the latest.”
Share price increase since June 2017
The announcement follows an increase in Ørsted AS’s share price of 156% since June 2017.
Chaired by Thomas Thune Andersen
Ørsted AS is chaired by Thomas Thune Andersen.
In the position of CEO since 2012
Henrik Poulsen became CEO of the Company in 2012.
Henrik Poulsen joined Ørsted as CEO and President in 2012 and is a registered manager of Ørsted with the Danish Business Authority.
Henrik Poulsen will be nominated for the company’s Board of Directors at the next annual general meeting (AGM) in March 2021.
His bio reads as follows:
M.Sc., Finance and Accounting, Aarhus School of Business, Denmark, 1994
Career and positions
- 1994-1995 – Novo Nordisk A/S, Controller
- 1995-1996 – Aarsø Nielsen & Partners, Senior Consultant
- 1996-1999 – McKinsey & Co., Senior Engagement Manager
- 1999-2000 – LEGO, Vice President, Business Development
- 2000-2002 – LEGO, Senior Vice President, Global Segment 8+
- 2002-2003 – LEGO, Senior Vice President, Global Innovation and Marketing
- 2004-2005 – LEGO, Managing Director, Europe and Asia
- 2005-2006 – LEGO, Executive Vice President, Markets and Products
- 2006-2008 – Capstone/KKR. Operating Executive
- 2008-2012 – TDC A/S, CEO and President
- 2012- – Ørsted A/S, CEO
Other management positions
- Deputy chairman of ISS A/S, member of the Audit Committee
- Kinnevik AB, deputy chairman and member of the Audit Committee
EQT Partners, advisor.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding the management change on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Ørsted and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 25.2020 ($).