- Push-out Score determined
- After almost 15 years in the position
- Accolades, praise and thanks for van Boxmeer
- Dolf van den Brink taking over
- van Boxmeer spoke at length and said 156 words
(exechange) — Amsterdam, Netherlands, February 11, 2020 — Jean-François van Boxmeer, chief executive of Heineken, leaves. As announced by Heineken NV in a news release on Tuesday, February 11, 2020, Jean-François van Boxmeer leaves his post as chief executive officer at the Dutch brewing company after almost 15 years in the role, effective June 1, 2020.
Jean-François van Boxmeer’s duties as CEO will be taken over by Dolf van den Brink, currently President Asia Pacific region and Executive Team member of Heineken NV.
Heineken stated: “Dolf van den Brink is a proven strong business leader. Throughout his 22 year career at Heineken he has successfully built high performing teams in both developed and developing markets. He is currently a highly valued member of the Executive Team and successfully leads the Asia Pacific region as President. His successor will be announced in due course.”
“I feel now is the right moment”
Jean-François van Boxmeer’s departure from the CEO post is explained as follows. Jean-François van Boxmeer said: “I feel now is the right moment to hand over leadership to the next generation.”
Heineken said: “The Supervisory Board of Heineken N.V. announces the upcoming succession of Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO Jean-François van Boxmeer, following his successful 15 year leadership of the company. The Supervisory Board will nominate Dolf van den Brink, currently President Asia Pacific region and Executive Team member, to be appointed as member of the Executive Board at the company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on 23 April 2020 per that same date, for a period of four years. Ensuring a smooth and effective transition, Mr. Van Boxmeer will hand over his responsibilities to Dolf van den Brink on 1 June 2020.”
Share price increase since October 2005
The announcement follows an increase in Heineken NV’s share price of 269% since October 2005.
In the position of CEO since 2005
Jean-François van Boxmeer became CEO of the Company in 2005.
Heineken Holding N.V., a separate entity which owns 50.005% in Heineken N.V., will propose to their Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on April 23, 2020 that upon leaving Heineken N.V., Jean-François van Boxmeer be appointed as a non-executive member of the Board of Directors on June 1, 2020.
Jean-François van Boxmeer’s bio reads as follows:
- 1961, Belgian nationality
- 2005 Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO Heineken N.V.
- 2001 Member of the Executive Board, responsible for supply chain and technical services, North-West Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and Central and Eastern Europe
- 2000 General Manager Heineken Italia
- 1999 Vice President and General Manager Grupa Zywiec in Poland
- 1996 President and General Manager Zywiec in Poland
- 1993 General Manager Bralima in the Democratic Republic Congo (DRC)
- 1990 Sales and Marketing Manager Bralima in the Democratic Republic Congo (DRC)
- 1987 Sales and Marketing Manager Bralirwa in Rwanda
- 1984 Trainee in production, sales and administration in the Netherlands
Independent Board Positions
- Independent Director at Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods Inc.), USA
- Member Shareholders Committee at Henkel AG, Germany
- Chairman Board of Directors of National Opera & Ballet, Netherlands.
Push-out Score determined
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange gauges the pressure surrounding the management change on a scale of 0 to 10.
exechange reached out to Heineken and offered the company the opportunity to comment on the score.
Read the full story in the exechange report 7.2020 ($).