- Push-out Score determined
- After about 11 years in the position
- Frey will remain as Supervisory Board Chairman at Jungheinrich
(exechange) — Hamburg, Germany, June 20, 2018 — Hans-Georg Frey, chief executive of Jungheinrich, hands over the reins. As announced by Jungheinrich AG in an ad-hoc statement on Wednesday, June 20, 2018, Hans-Georg Frey leaves his post as Chief Executive Officer at the maker of material handling equipment after about 11 years in the role, effective in 2019.
It is the end of an era.
Frey’s duties will be taken over by Lars Brzoska, currently Board member for Marketing and Sales of Jungheinrich AG.
“To ensure long-term continuity”
Frey’s departure from the CEO post is explained as follows. Jungheinrich said: “The Supervisory Board of Jungheinrich AG has made considerable personnel changes to ensure long-term continuity in the management of the company.”
Frey will remain as Supervisory Board Chairman at Jungheinrich
“The current Supervisory Board Chairman, Jürgen Peddinghaus, will resign his seat in 2019. Mr Frey will succeed him in this position, in accordance with the wishes of the shareholder families Wolf and Lange,” Jungheinrich said.
Jungheinrich said: “Hans-Georg Frey will stand for election to the Supervisory Board in 2019, following his resignation as Chairman of the Board of Management.”
Share price rise since October 2014
The change follows a rise in the share price of Jungheinrich AG since October 2014.
Chaired by Jürgen Peddinghaus
Jungheinrich AG is chaired by Jürgen Peddinghaus.
In the position of CEO since 2007
Hans-Georg Frey’s CV reads as follows:
- July 27, 1956 Born in Stuttgart, Germany
- 1977-1982 Studied law at the Universities of Erlangen (Germany), Lausanne (Switzerland) and Tübingen (Germany) (passed first state exam)
- 1983-1986 Probationary legal service (passed second state exam)
- 1992-1999 In-service MBA studies in Zürich (Switzerland) and Albany (USA)
- 1986-2001 Spindelfabrik Süßen GmbH (leading textile machine manufacturer) Top-level managerial tasks (from 1991 onwards as managing director) in the fields of law, sales, human resources and material management
- 2001-2007 Liebherr Werk Ehingen GmbH (world market leader in mobile cranes and heavy crawler cranes) Managing Director Sales
Milestones at Jungheinrich AG
- Since May 2007 Chairman of the Board of Management
- Since 2010 Member of the Supervisory Board of Fielmann AG
- Since January 2017 Member of the Advisory Board of HOYER GmbH
- Since 2014 Chairman of the Board of Management of Ostasiatischer Verein e. V.
Push-out Score determined
Read the full story in the exechange report 26.2018 ($).