- Signs for push-out forces
- After around 17 years on the job
- Laud, praise, thanks and good wishes for Stalker
- Harm Ohlmeyer taking over
(exechange) — Herzogenaurach, Germany, March 08, 2017 — Robin Stalker, finance chief of Adidas, leaves. As announced by Adidas AG in a news release on Tuesday, March 07, 2017, Robin J. Stalker leaves the post as Chief Financial Officer at the German athletic-gear giant in a surprising move after around 17 years on the job, effective May 11, 2017.
It is the end of an era.
Stalker’s move comes five months after Kasper Rorsted took over as CEO of Adidas.
Stalker’s duties are taken over by Harm Ohlmeyer, currently SVP Digital Brand Commerce at Adidas AG.
No reason given
In the announcement, Adidas did not explicitly explain the reason for Stalker’s move, leaving room for speculation.
Precise information about the future plans of Stalker was not immediately available.
Adidas said: “Prior to [Harm Ohlmeyer’s] appointment, Robin J. Stalker had informed the Supervisory Board that, after 16 successful years, he would not be extending his Executive Board service contract beyond March 2018. In order to ensure a smooth transition, Robin J. Stalker, together with the Supervisory Board, decided to relinquish his Executive Board mandate effective May 11, 2017.”
Share price rise since September 2015
The change follows a rise in the share price of Adidas AG since September 2015.
Chaired by Igor Landau
Adidas AG is chaired by Igor Landau.
He has been Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Adidas AG since May 7, 2009.
CEO: Kasper Rorsted
Kasper Rorsted serves as CEO of Adidas AG. Rorsted has been the Chief Executive Officer of Adidas AG since October 1, 2016.
On the job as CFO since 2000
Robin John Stalker has been the Chief Financial Officer of Adidas AG since February 2000 and its Member of Executive Board since February 2001.
His CV reads as follows:
- Born: 1958 in Palmerston North, New Zealand
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Marital Status: Married
- Education: Degree in Business Studies, Chartered Accountant
- since February 2001 Adidas AG, Member of the Executive Board, responsible for Finance
- since February 2000 Adidas AG, Chief Financial Officer
- 1999 – 2000 Adidas-Salomon AG, Vice President Group Reporting & Taxes
- 1997 – 1999 Adidas AG, Vice President Group Reporting
- 1996 – 1997 Adidas AG, Head of Corporate Services / Reporting
- 1992 – 1996 Self Employed Consultant, Clients including UCI / Hewitt Group
- 1989 – 1992 Warner Bros. International, Director of Operations
- 1986 – 1989 United International Pictures, Controller – Far East
- 1982 – 1986 Arthur Young, Accountant
- Member of the Supervisory Board, Schaeffler AG, Herzogenaurach, Germany
Signs for push-out forces
It is not completely certain what forces eventually triggered Robin J. Stalker’s move.
The Push-out Score™ determined by exechange suggests that push-out forces may have contributed to the management change.
Read the full story in the exechange report 11.2017 ($).